Personal information collected about our users
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information.
How we use your information
1) Your name and contact information
We use your name and contact information to:
- Book you into classes. We do this so that we can reserve a place for you in class and provide our services to you.
- Send you relevant information via email regarding updates to our services, events or additional products / services we think you may be interested in. We only send you these where you have explicitly consented to our contacting you in this way.
- Send you fitness content via our blog / newsletter. We only send you this content if you have explicitly consented / opted in for the newsletter.
- Prevent and detect fraud against you or City Road CrossFit Ltd.
2) Your payment details
We use your payment information to:
- process online sales, scheduled payments, subscriptions and refunds for memberships, class passes and other products and services. We must do this in order to fulfil our contract with you.
- detect and prevent fraud against you or City Road CrossFit Ltd.
- we use PaySafe as our payment processor in order to keep your data secure.
3) Your class bookings
We track your current and future bookings to:
- manage class attendance, your class quota and prevent over-subscription. We must do this in order to provide our services to you in an appropriate manner.
We track your past bookings to:
- manage and track how many classes you have used in your current membership month / class pass pack. We need to do this in order to fulfil our contract to you.
- manage our timetable and class allocations so that we can avoid over-subscription and continue to provide high quality services to you under our contract.
4) Your medical information
We collect your medical information to:
- make sure that you can safely participate in a demanding exercise regime and
- make you aware of the inherent risks involved in exercise
- encourage you to seek medical advice before undertaking exercise
We take photos and videos of you participating in City Road CrossFit classes and events:
- for marketing purposes for use on social media, our website and other marketing channels. We only do this with your express consent provided in our initial pre-class waiver.
6) Your purchase history
We store your purchase history and subscription history to:
- sell you memberships, class passes and retail products. We must track your purchase history in order to provide you with the right services under our contract with you.
- provide member support so that we can handle requests from you to change or cancel your services. We need to do this to perform our duties under our contract with you.
– understand our members’ preferences so that we can improve our services and provide you with what you want
7) Gender information
We store your gender information to:
- make sure that we only send you relevant information regarding services and products
8) Your responses to surveys, competitions or promotions
We store your responses to surveys to:
- improve the services that we provide to you
We store your responses to competitions and promotions so that:
- we can effectively execute the competition or promotion in order to fulfil our obligations under our contract to you.
The above information may generally be used for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contractual agreement, and to provide you with the information and products or services you request. These may include the facilitation of class bookings and the provision of services to us by our agreed third party providers;
- To process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders, and to maintain membership records;
- To improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, research or other functions on our behalf;
- To send you newsletters and promotions and to conduct surveys, prize draws, competitions and other promotions via email, telephone or post;
- To notify you about changes to our services, terms and conditions, and club rules.
How we store your data
We store your data on the following systems:
- personal and payment information on MindBody in order to handle your class bookings, subscriptions, and retail purchases and to process payments and refunds.
- payment information on PaySafe in order to process payments securely
- personal information on InfusionSoft in order to help us manage our communications with you
Data Capture Information
We adhere to strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. We may ask for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process any enquiry further.
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of products or services we offer and have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you indicated when you completed your initial application form or any document completed in club. Opt-out options are detailed within the communication sent by City Road CrossFit.
We also engage in online advertising, this is so you are up to date with what we are doing and so you can see our services and products.
These adverts are targeting to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks.
The ads you see will be based on information we hold about you or your previous use of City Road CrossFit (for example, search history and previous orders) or previous City Road CrossFit ads you have interacted with.
Web browser cookies
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
• The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
• The right to stop direct marketing messages
• The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
City Road CrossFit reserves the right to forward a members information to a third party debt collection agency in the event of non-payment of fees when due.
If the personal information you provide us is sensitive personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, such information, will only be disclosed with your full consent.
Internet Based Transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Please note however that turning off cookies may restrict your use of our website.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at City Road CrossFit, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.