Thought of the week
Cycle 1. Block 3. The Open Week 1. 17.1
And ladies and gentlemen: here it is! The CrossFit Open 2017 has arrived.
Since the start of the year we’ve been in Open preparation mode. Our Wednesday and Saturday classes have been previous Open WODs, we’ve run up to maxes in Weightlifting as well as squats, we’ve had a focus on muscle ups- ring and bar, and we’ve been working hard on pull-ups, toes to bar and double unders. Many of you have already reaped the benefits of coming to class and following the programme- we’ve had most of you PB in the snatch, clean and jerk and the squat, we’ve had people stringing together pull ups, toes to bar and double unders, as well as many first ever muscle ups and those of you who have repeated the previous years Open workouts have pb’d in those as well. Your coaches are all very proud and very excited to see you all test yourselves over the next five weeks.
To cater for the Open there are some changes to the outline of regular programming:
– every class at every club on Friday over he next 5 weeks will be hosting the Open
– Friday evening at Old St is Friday Night Lights: you can only attend this class if you are registered for the Open
– Monday’s we will squat and then have a short metcon
– Tuesday’s will have some technical practice followed by a metcon
– Wednesday’s will be a mix of explosive strength and light conditioning- to FIRE up the engines
– Thursday’s programme is mobility and movement
– Friday its Go Time!
– Saturday’s sessions will be longer and all about maintaining and improving work capacity/ fitness
– weightlifting club will be Monday and Wednesday at Farringdon at 18:00
If you haven’t done so yet- register for the Open!
Monday 20th February
6 back squat / 65%
10 dumbell lunges 22.5/15
15 toes to bar
every 5 mins
A) 1 power snatch/ 1 snatch- 6×1.1
b) snatch balance- 4×3
c) snatch push press/ overhead squat- 3x3x1.1
[ADDITIONAL/ OPTIONAL EXTRA WORK]
Tuesday 21st February
a) pull up progressions
b) 4 min AMRAP
10 dead lifts 70/50
10 over bar burpees
rest 4 mins
8 power snatches 55/35
8 pull ups
Wednesday 22nd February
(A) good quality reps- technical practice and light engine work
4x (4x 30:30 with 1 min rest after each exercise
Power clean 40/30
A) power clean/ clean- 6×1.1
(B) power jerks/ jerks- 6×1.1
(C) 5×5 vertical jumps, 5x 5 horizontal bounds
Thursday 23rd February
Mobility, recovery and restoration
(a) Extended Crawls/ locomotion
bear crawl, bear walk, lizard, ostriches, frog, kong, duck, skater, bunny hops
(b) floor based mobility/ rolling work
45 minute mono-structural: run, ride, swim, row/
Stretch, ROMWOD, yoga
Friday 24th February
Here we go….
This is it- have fun!
Saturday 25th February
Saturday monster mash up!
this is an opportunity to have a fun and get fit and forget about last night!