This is a great low carb / paleo option for spicing up boring chicken breast. It’s absolutely delicious, takes less than half an hour and is full of good stuff. If you want to beef up the carbs, simply add a baked sweet potato on the side for an extra 45g of carbs (roughly). If you want to limit the fat a little, simply remove the avocado!
Ingredients (to serve up to 4)
500g organic chicken breast
60g desiccated coconut
100g ground almonds
Maldon sea salt
2 tsp paprika
Zest of 1 lemon
For the salad:
Half a red cabbage
1 gem lettuce
1 red onion
3 spring onions
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar with the mother
2 tsp good quality Dijon mustard
Maldon sea salt
Macros (based on 4 servings):
– Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees with the fan on and prepare a large baking tray with greaseproof paper (baking parchment).
– Slice the chicken breast into strips about 2cm thick.
– In a mixing bowl, add the ground almonds, desiccated coconut, paprika, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
– Dip each strip of chicken in the egg and then toss it in the Goujon mixture until it is evenly covered.
– Spread the chicken strips evenly on the baking tray and bake on a middle shelf for 20 minutes.
– While the chicken is cooking, slice the red cabbage, gem lettuce, onion and spring onion and place them in a salad bow.
– Cut open the avocado and cube the flesh. Add on top of the salad.
– In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and mustard. Stir or whisk until combined.
– Pour the dressing over the salad and mix with your hands until the salad is evenly coated.
– Grab the chicken from the oven and serve!
Are you offended? Email me your thoughts here
Book a trial class with us here